Saturday, July 17, 2010

Do you rear-face or forward-face your kids carseat??

A couple weeks ago I was seriously counting down until Brook was 1. I was so excited for her to face forward.

I went to lunch with my friend Heidi and we were discussing how she is keeping Sadie rear-facing until their new baby comes in December. (They're truck wont fit two rear facers) I asked her why and she proceeded to tell me how much safer it is. I had NO idea.

Then a couple days later I was reading Mama Notes and she had a discussion on the topic. I decided to do some research. I found this youtube video that I really like. Its a little over 3 minutes long and gets a tad boring. Just keep watching til the crash tests. Those are crazy!

Needless to say, Brook will be rear-facing until her carseat allows which is 30 lbs. Its a personal choice and I want Brook to be as safe as she can be. Being a 911 dispatcher, Im constantly hearing different car accident calls, so this only reaffirms that she will be rear-facing until 30 lbs.

If you want or have to have your child forward facing, thats fine. This is just my opinion, and I wont bash yours =)

3 comments:

WeeMason Man's Mom said...

My little guy is only 4 months old, but I plan on having him rear facing until he is at least two, or the max weight the next carseat we buy will allow for rear facing!

Bethany said...

My daughter is only 5 1/2months so obviously still RFing, but she will until she reaches the weightlimit of the carseat or two years old, whichever comes first.

Everyone gets so excited about FFing; when i told my sister that I am extending RFing she was like don't you think she wants to FF and i said.. well she knows no difference to compare.

Ingrid said...

We're keeping Avery rear-facing until she reaches the 35lb rear-facing limit. That video is insane!

Related Posts with Thumbnails