Luke, my 19 year old brother had surgery on his nose. He had had a logging accident in November. A stick hit him in the eye and on the nose, it broke his nose and doctors thought he might lose vision in the eye. Well, he didnt thank God.
Last week he started getting intense pain in his nose and it wouldnt stop bleeding. He went to our local ER (which is a horrible ER), and the ER doctor said you have a zit in your nose. A zit?? Luke asked for an xray and he refused. He told Luke he knew what trauma was and Luke didnt have trauma.
Long story short, Luke went to an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor and they determined he needed emergency surgery to have them drain the infection in his face and take out the bad cartilege. He had surgery the next day. They removed a huge, old blood clot from his face, removed all the cartilege that was gangreen (sp), and put stints in his nose to drain the fluid. The doctor is not sure when he removes the stints if Luke's nose will collapse and be deformed. Then he would obviously have to have reconstructive surgery. So here are a couple pictures of Luke and Brooklyn before the surgery.....
Last week he started getting intense pain in his nose and it wouldnt stop bleeding. He went to our local ER (which is a horrible ER), and the ER doctor said you have a zit in your nose. A zit?? Luke asked for an xray and he refused. He told Luke he knew what trauma was and Luke didnt have trauma.
Long story short, Luke went to an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor and they determined he needed emergency surgery to have them drain the infection in his face and take out the bad cartilege. He had surgery the next day. They removed a huge, old blood clot from his face, removed all the cartilege that was gangreen (sp), and put stints in his nose to drain the fluid. The doctor is not sure when he removes the stints if Luke's nose will collapse and be deformed. Then he would obviously have to have reconstructive surgery. So here are a couple pictures of Luke and Brooklyn before the surgery.....
Dont press that nurse call button missy! lolAnd here is Luke after.....A little drugged but still able to give a weak thumbs up
The next day my mom called me and told me Luke has Mrsa. A highly contagious staph infection. Great, note the picture above where Brooklyn is sitting by him.....I dont think he touched her though. And we took a hot, bubbly bath after my mom told us. Im surprised her skin didnt fall off with all the scrubbing I did =) My mom had to shut down her daycare and its unknown when she will be able to open up again due to the Mrsa. So, I didnt have daycare for Brooklyn. I had to wait til Kev got home before I could go to work. So I took in a daycare kid =) Her name is Lily. She just loves Brook and vice versa.

It was also daddy's birthday this week! This BIG 2-5! Yikes! I think I might start looking for someone younger ;) Brook made a picture for her daddy. Well, I helped a little. I also painted her toes for the big birthday dinner haha. Arent her little chubby wubby toes so cute!?!

This was Brooklyn and Kev on his birthday when I got home from work...so cute! Then me a brook waiting for uncle Luke to get out of surgery

1 comment:
I hope your brother get's well soon! He must be having a hard week! Happy Birthday to your hubby. I can't believe how big Brooklyn is getting! She just keeps getting cuter and cuter! :)
Post a Comment