Friday, November 19, 2010

Which do you prefer? The full body scan or the pat down?

While watching the news tonight, I saw a quick blurb about outraged airline passengers on the pat down searches before boarding a plane.

Ive always just walked through the scanner and called it good. I guess if you dont want to walk through the full body scanner, you can opt for the pat down.

They showed a TSA official doing a pat down and, well, they really get up in your grill! They basically grope your whole body to see if you are carrying lotions, scissors, and other stuff....

Ok obviously, if I had to get a pat down, then I would have to suck it up or not board my flight. But I would be mortified. They basically cup your ta-ta's and legs during the pat down. I would be so embarrassed. Getting that pat down and standing infront of a long line of people, not really my idea of a good time....

So which do you prefer? Do you skip the small amount of radiation and go for the pat down or do you soak up the radiation for all its worth and get the full body scan??

Im a soaker =)

5 comments:

Zwickl Family said...

Ya, totally prefer the radiation. I am not all for getting felt up.

Heidi said...

Scan please; no body access unless you buy me dinner first...

Brittany said...

I think that the scanners are a little worse then the old scanners. I think the reason people are offended is because they are more evasive then the old ones. Even pilots are refusing them...

But that being said, I'll pretty much do whatever they want me to do! Because honestly I have nothing to hide, and I think security guards have more important things to do that care about looking at my body parts! Seriously!

Cole said...

In response to the previous commenter, I don't think pilots are refusing them for privacy's sake - or at least not entirely. Even a very small amount of radiation is cause for concern if you are CONSTANTLY exposed to it; pilots are not the same as casual travelers who might only be scanned 2 or 3 times per year - they'd be exposing themselves every day!

To me he scans vs. the pat downs are a lesser of two evils thing - and I'm not sure which I'd choose in the moment!

Tutus N' Trucks said...

Yeah I agree with the pilots...they ARE already in control of the plane.

I would prefer the scan just because I fly maybe once a year..and Im pretty shy. I'd be uncomfortable during the pat down. Obviously I would do it if I needed to board the plan, but I deffinately would be BEET RED! haha

Im a wuss =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails