Monday, October 5, 2009

Couch to 5K

So I recently read on a blog Im following about the 'Couch to 5K'. 5k=3 miles in case you were wondering :) I had absolutely no idea was a 5k was lol.
So anyways, its 6 weeks long and you work out 3 times a week. I just started the 'Couch to 5K' today. For the first week start out each workout with 5 minutes of brisk walking and then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking. You alternate them for 20 minutes. It was pretty frakkin easy!!! So if I, the queen of laziness can do it, anybody can do it :) Its just 3x a week and it slowly becomes more and more intense until before you know, you're running 3 miles!
The blog I read, 'Diary of a Hungry Mom' has fabulous tips for losing weight and staying healthy. I just love her blog! So look up 'Couch to 5K' and join me!
To add to my half hour work out, I worked out with Richard Simmons for another 30 minutes...wow, Im basically amazing.
Here are some photos of the work out this morning:

Me and my schnookie :) It was sooo cold this morning, hence the fluffy outfit and hat.

Isn't she just a doll?!?!?!

She had a hard work out :)

So anyways, this is my goal, to run 3 miles...WITHOUT stopping...in 6 weeks. Im hoping to do a 5k in Tigard in December, you get a free Christmas tree for participating!!! Freaking sweet! We'll see if I actually do this 5K tho :)

Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jessica Marie said...

Wow! I should definitely do this! Haha, I love the last photo! Adorable! So, are you going to do the Columbia Crossing this Sunday? I know you've done it before! I can't wait, it will be my first time going! I will definitely check out the couch to 5k site! :)

Tutus N' Trucks said...

ohh i wont be doing it this year unfortunately :( but if i keep up this running gig, I just might run it next year!!!! That has always been a goal of mine to run the columbia crossing...maybe next year I'll achieve it?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails