We bought our house about not even a year ago.
There is still TONS of work to do....blah!
This Summer we are focusing on outside work. Our house needs it bad!
We are surrounded by trees...all four sides. So needless to say, its very dark. So the previous owners thought a green and dark green were perfect colors for the house????
The house is also surrounded by chainlink fence, so we basically look like we are in prison...I hate it.
They also put a hottub, next to the front door and put up a privacy wall. So our house looks closed off and unfriendly with the wall, trees, depressing colors, and chainlink fence.
OH and we cant grow grass because of the intense tree cover! Puppys, rain, and dirt....what do you think this combo creates?! Mud!!!! I love muddy paws on my clothes....
Here is the front of the house. Stupid wall....anyways. Look how dark, gloomy, and crappy this paint and wall make our house look?!
This summer we are painting....Kev isnt thrilled by this but, its happening. Im thinking a cream color? I dont know, we will see.
Kev is also going to replace the nasty shutters with cedar. We are also going to put up cedar shingles in the arch above our garage. It is going to look really nice and deffinately cannot wait!
Kev in our yard. Notice all the trees still lol. And the HUGE tree next to our house?! We have two actually. I was standing next to the other one.
These trees will be removed this summer. They are extremely large. They have large limbs that fall. I dont want those limbs landing on my family, our vehicles, or our house! So these two front trees will go.
This will also open up our house alot and let us grow grass! Like normal people!!!
(ignore the random items in our yard.....dale and jade play with these lol...i cant wait to put the dogs in the backyard!)
And more trees. See the chainlink fence. This will be removed. I want to put it so we have an open front yard and a fenced back yard...not a completely fenced yard like we have now, makes us look unfriendly! =(
And MORE trees! See the arch above the garage. This is where Kev will put the cedar shingles.
We took our first step to rennovation last night. Kev cut down the UGLY wall!
Look at my MAAAAAN =)
Yes. We have a hottub. Yes. We are getting rid of it.
Kev and I are deffinately not hottub'ers. lol.
We have never used it so we are giving it to one of the officers I work with. So he and his wife can be hottub'ers =)
We are going to build a new deck area and get super cute patio furniture!!! =) So Thrilled. Once the house is painted Im going to put up a cute barn star...eeee
(And remove the cob webs in the corner lol
Who does this??? Paints part of their deck green and leaves the reast 'wood' colored?!
Anyways....
Here are the dogs new kennel!
Its huge and nice. The dogs love it =) Good thing because daddy put in some time on this build.
So there you have it, our summer list....I cant wait for summer now!








No comments:
Post a Comment