Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Timbeeeerrr......

The ginormous tree is down!

Thank gosh they cut it down while I was at work. I would've been a nervous wreck!

Here is my dad with the tree. He said he was shaking cutting the tree because he was so nervous. Nervous that Id strangle him if the tree hit the house. Look how close the tree is though!

(Yes our house will be painted memorial day weekend. Im sorry, but those greens are HIDEOUS!)

So this picture scared me. I initially just wanted Tiff and my dad to stand there with Brook, to show the size of the tree compared to her. My dad thought it would be fun to put the chainsaw in the picture??? Brook even looks scared! lol

While the boys were working hard, Brook and I went on a quad ride. We move slower than a power wheel but Brook loves it! If I pretend to go fast she gets a huge smile on her face and lets out a loud squeal =)


So now you can see why we are getting her a Barbie Powerwheel quad for her first birthday in August .
This was taken by my friend Ashley, Brook loved Bella's quad. haha


Anyways, back to the house. =) We will be painting in a couple weekends. I cant wait to put up before and after pictures!!!

6 comments:

jill said...

omg! i would be so nervous too! that tree is HUGE! we just had a huge wind storm and a tree fell on a neighbors house! yikes!

Ingrid said...

OMG, that tree was massive!!! I would have been scared too!

Natalie said...

That is one HUGE tree. I am nervous just seeing the pictures of it! It had to go indeed!

Jessica Marie said...

Oh my goodness, that tree was really close to your home! Wow! Glad it's down, now it will make some good fire wood for the winter! :)

alicia said...

Omg, i watched that tree go down and it was nerve racking just watching it, your dad kept looking at it, cut it a little then look at it, and he did that over and over again till it started to go down and everyone watched. i should have video taped it for you. i could tell ur dad was nervous

Angela said...

Your dad is amazing! He did a fantastic job! I didn't dream that that tree was that huge and that close to your house! I don't have any trees that close to our house at all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails