Happy and sad day today. My little monkey is one years old.
I can't believe it.
Since her birthday party is Saturday, we got her a little toy truck and a book about colors for today. Two small items, then one BIG item on saturday. She is going to be so surprised =) I also got her a balloon, cuz well, she loves them.
This morning we all rolled out of bed around 8am. I made a yummy birthday breakfast.
Pancakes, eggs, bacon, strawberrys and oranges. Yum! Brook seriously ate 3/4's of this plate of food....atleast. She can chow down, that's for sure. I even gave her some chocolate milk...as a treat. It was a one time deal, so I hope she enjoyed it! ;)
While I was cooking breakfast, Brook sat in the livingroom and watched the 'Birthday' episode of Yo Gabba Gabba. The whole time she clung to her balloon. She was not about to let this balloon go. It was cute.
Kevin asked how old Brook was and she showed him. I LOVE that she does this. I think its adorable.
After a short nap. I took a few pictures of Brook in her birthday onsie. She is seriously such a little ham.
She is such a tomboy. She prefers anything with wheels and truck sounds.
Happy 1st birthday my love =)
and then....
DUM DUM DUM......
I burnt myself. Pretty awesomely (is that even a word? It is now)
I was making one of those giant cupcakes for Brooklyn's smash cake on saturday. I go to grab it out of the oven, with an oven mit, the mit slipped. So I burnt my hand. Its actually gotten a lot better as the day has progressed, but that HURT!
So now Im at work. I am bummed I dont get to spend the whole day with Brook but I look at it this way. All this morning and early afternoon I got to spend with her, just mommy and Brookie. Tonight Kev will come home from work and get daddy and Brookie time. We had an awesome family breakfast this morning, so I think that Brook had/will have a great birthday day =)







1 comment:
I love all the pics. She is too cute. Happy Birthday Brook!!
Post a Comment